This article contains affiliate links
Top 10 Camping Extension Leads of 2021
Whether you are planning a long camping excursion in the wilderness or you just need some additional leads to provide electrical power to your backyard, you could benefit from some of this year’s newest camping hook-ups. A single extension lead can provide all the comfort and ease that modern electrical hook-ups have, all while keeping you connected even in the most rural of areas.
If you need something that can rough the weather or protect itself against biting critters, one of the top 10 camping extension leads of 2021 might be just what you’re looking for. Below, you will find a review of this year’s best and most popular camping hook-ups that will keep you connected to power while you enjoy a comfortable trip.
What to Look For in the Best Camping Extension Leads
When looking for chargers and electrical leads, you might be tempted by a cheap price. If someone is driving a huge bargain, the odds are that the lead is improperly made and will lead to malfunction. There are certain key factors to look for – as well as those to avoid – when looking for the very best camping leads.
1. Circuit Breaker Protection
If the lead is nothing more than a simple plug and socket, then there is not enough surge protection. Even if the campsite you are staying at comes with a circuit breaker, leads without their own built-in protection measures may still cause a fault.
2. Weatherproof Housing
Good camping leads will come with weather protection. Lids and covers are available so you can shield the electrical components of the plug against rain. It should also be protected against dust and other wires.
3. Sound Construction
Your electrical hook-ups need to be powerful and consistent so you can rely on this supply of energy wherever you go. Camping leads that are not sold by reliable retailers may not be constructed of sound wiring, causing cables to short-circuit and stop working completely.
Top 10 Camping Extension Leads of 2021
Small and large camping trips alike could benefit greatly from the added comfort of electricity. Camping leads are essential items when you need to charge your phone or plug in some lights. The below extension leads have all been reviewed for their efficiency, multiple features, quality designs, and affordable prices.
From backyard plugs to camping cords, the top 10 camping extension leads of 2021 will safely and reliably offer electricity in the places you need it most.
1. YOTOC 10-Way Outlet Switched Extension Lead
If you are planning a long camping excursion with the whole family, you need to go big or go home. This 10-way outlet is the ultimate charging station so everyone can charge up to 10 items at a time.
The vertical design allows for USB ports in between the traditional plugs so you can hook up just about any kind of device, while surge protection keeps the charger steady even if it is being used to its full capacity. The retractable power cord makes this easy to travel with, as you’ll never have to worry about a tangle.
Dimensions: 28.7 x 16.5 x 16.2 cm
Weight: 0.85 kg
Colours: Black, grey
- Retractable power cord is 3m long
- Fire, water, and weatherproof with outside protective wrap
- Insert safety covers when not in use
- Vertical tower shape makes it easy to hide and pack away
- It is sensitive to overuse and may shut off for periods of time
- Plugs can become hot to the touch
2. Crusader V762 Mains Supply Unit
A simple yet effective camping extension lead, this model offers 3 safe sockets that can fit any standard plug. It comes with an impressive 15-meter-long cable, allowing you to stretch it very far while on your camping trip.
This is an ideal unit for those who are looking to supply electricity to some hard-to-reach places. It might be a good idea to look into this Crusader model if you are trying to put up holiday lights across your roof!
Dimensions: 6.14 x 8.98 x 17.17 cm
Weight: 544.21 grams
Colours: Grey, blue, orange
- Plugs meet BS electrical standards
- Hanging clip attached to the top of the unit so it can be hung or placed in an accessible space
- Includes 10 A circuit breaker
- 15-meter length protects against improper wire stretching
- Only recommended for low-wattage appliances
- Two-pin adapter required for use outside of the UK
3. Semloh ML25 Mains Extension Lead, 25m
If length is what you’re looking for the most, you might be satisfied with this singular 16Amp plug with a 25-meter extension lead by Semloh. It comes with coupler connectors to provide a very long range of power to your campsite.
The orange extension cable makes it highly visible, even at night. While this is a standard protocol among camping extension leads, it is important to note and maintain this high visibility for the safety of all campers.
Dimensions: 3 x 12 x 12.5 cm
Weight: 4.5 kg
Colours: Blue, orange
- One of the longest mains extension leads available on the market through a reputable seller
- Standard 16Amp plug makes it easy to power just about anything
- Heavy-duty cable is made of 100% copper
- 100% waterproof
- Best when used sporadically (not every day)
- Not approved for use in the EU
4. Crusader V893 3676
If you are looking for a heavy-duty charging extender that comes with multiple plugins and ports, this might be a good item to start looking at. It comes with 3 13Amp mains plugs and 3 additional USB ports so you can charge up to 6 items at once.
It even includes a detachable torch that can be integrated into your power system or used separately. This hearty charger is a go-to item for big or long-term camping trips where a regular source of electricity is needed.
Dimensions: 320mm x 325 mm x 185mm
Weight: 4.4 kg
Colours: White, red, blue, orange
- Can charge regular electrical devices as well as cameras, computers, and phones
- Mains sockets come with RCD
- Bulky breaker is safe and can provide tons of power without tripping
- Additional surge protection is a good plus for camping
- Fly lead convertor is required to use this at home
- Attached torchlight does not fit inside the unit and must be carried separately
5. AOUMUN Power Strip Tower Extension Cord
This advanced and powerful tower charger is a good camping extension lead to bring with you on any big or small adventure. It can be a fun way to go “glamping”, as it has 8 main outlets and 4 USB chargers that can be used at the same time to keep all of your devices charged up.
Not to mention, it provides a resistant shell around the outlets to protect them against all kinds of weather and water. It is also fire-resistant as well, making it safe to use even in the event of a surge.
Dimensions: 16 x 9 x 9 cm
Colours: White, black
- Extension lead is triple-certified for safety by CE, RoHS, and FCC
- Temperature and outage resistant at all times
- Warranty included for over 4 months
- Can charge large devices, machines, and cooking tools
- Top buttons for isolating sockets do not always work as intended
- Outside plastic can loosen over time
6. Maypole MP3767 Roller Mobile Mains Power Unit
A powerful charger wrapped up in the convenience of a hand-held unit, this Maypole model is a popular market choice for heavy-duty camping setups. Whether you need to power several devices in your backyard or provide electricity to your motorhome while you camp out, you can use the LED-lit Maypole unit as your source of energy.
It is completely splash-proof and fire-proof, and the long 15m cord can be rolled up for convenient storage and safekeeping. It is a robust and hefty model but it can provide charges to over 5 machines at a time while staying protected from surges.
Dimensions: 34 x 28 x 13 cm
Weight: 3.94 kg
Colours: Black, orange
- RCD and circuit breaker protection included
- Can power up to 20Amps
- Flat bottom keeps the unit stabilized and tip-proof
- 3 240V sockets and 2 USB ports to power devices of all types
- Lamps will be powered but not incredibly bright
- Cannot power 32Amps
7. Odoga 300W Car Power Inverter 12V to 240V/230V
For a quick and easy charge on your camping trip, you can use this ultra-compact camping extension lead at any time. It is an adaptable device that will cool or warm itself based on outside temperatures, providing additional protection against the elements.
While it is not a long extension device like the others on this list, it still makes the cut as one of the top 10 camping extension leads of 2021 due to the fact that it so conveniently plugs into the car. It is an effective charger for road trips or modern camping experiences.
Dimensions: 17.8 x 14.4 x 5.8 cm
Power: Up to 240V
Colours: Black, blue
- Compact size makes it no larger than a smartphone
- 300W DC to AC inverter included and two USB ports for mobile charging
- 1-year warranty included
- Aluminium body keeps internal conditions stable
- Fast charging
- Cannot be used with DV 24V
- Dangerous for high-power devices such as heaters and hair dryers
8. 25m Extension Cable Reel 240V with 16Amp Plug Input
A heavy-duty camping extender is essential for long and rural camping trips. This model offers a metal frame extension to stay securely in place while you use the crank handle to extend or shorten the cable. It offers 4 main 13Amp sockets that can power several devices and machines at once.
It offers up to 3120 Watts of power when totally unwound, extending a steady source of energy to all of your camping devices. Quick charging lets you use it on the go as well.
Dimensions: 25m cord
Weight: 5+ kg
Colours: Blue, black
- Metal extension lead keeps charger secure even during strong weather conditions
- Standard 2P+E 3-pin input plug included
- Cable is 1.25mm A05VV-F Approved Cable quality
- Handle and stand included for easy transportability
- May overheat when charging high-powered devices
- Does not work for 16Amp power
9. 20m Outdoor Extension Lead
A favourite amongst campers and garden owners alike, this long and sturdy extension lead can power two machines at once. It is an ideal choice for those who need a place to plug in power tools, lawnmowers, cooking appliances, or even water-based appliances.
It is completely weatherproof and sealed against the elements. The plastic handle makes it convenient to pick it up and move it anywhere you need. There is even a one-year warranty included in case anything goes wrong.
Dimensions: 34.3 x 27.7 x 21.4 cm
Weight: 3.39 kg
Colours: Yellow, black
- Extension reel is rated for ultimate protection against overloads
- Wiring handle makes it easy to reel in the cord after you are finished
- Thick cable is weather-resistant
- Can power large outdoor appliances and machines
- No USB charging available
- Not rated for use in wet areas
10. Master plug Waterproof Extension Cable
The newest ultra-modern Master plug model allows campers to have a powerful way to extend cables up to 25 meters at a time. The winding reel makes it easy to store the cable in a way that prevents it from getting tangled.
You can plug into any point of power with this unit, which is something that sets it apart from the others on this list. While only a single socket, it can provide high amounts of power to any device or machine you want.
Dimensions: 4 x 3 x 3 cm
Colours: Black, neon green
- The only model of its kind that offers a reverse open cable
- Thermal cut-out mechanism and LED light to indicate overheating
- 3m fly lead to the plug for additional length
- Surge protection included
- Not waterproof
- No USB charging available
Find Your Favourite Camping Extension Lead Before Your Next Trip!
You shouldn’t leave for your camping trip without all of the essentials. From chargers to plugs, there are plenty of electronic devices you will have with you; naturally, you also need the units that will be powering them. This review of the top 10 camping extension leads has given you an overview of the best leads and extensions on the market today. You don’t have to worry about not being able to reach the power supply in your campsite with any of these far-reaching units.
You can even use camping extension leads for your backyard. Many of these models allow you to plug in your power tools and outdoor appliances with a breeze. Whatever power you need, a high-quality camping lead should be able to provide it. Keep an eye on more camping tricks and tips on our blog!
‘As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases’