This article contains affiliate links
10 Camping Tripods for campfire cooking
One of the best parts about camping is being able to live on your own for a while, away from the noise and stress of the modern world. There is nothing more satisfying than cooking your next meal over an open flame while you enjoy being surrounded by the sights and sounds of nature. But you won’t be able to do much on your camping trip without the right cooking equipment.
Camping tripods are the best tools to help you cook over an open fire started quickly and easily, no matter where in nature you decide to settle down. Instead of trying to cook over a fire on your own, use this convenient tripod to hang your tools and start cooking right away. Below, you will find reviews of the top 10 camping tripods of 2021. Don’t leave home without one!
Why Fire Tripods Are Essential
Camping tripods can be the difference between a successful cookout and a total food flop. It is important to take some essentials with you before you leave on your trip; before you go, consider getting yourself a fire tripod so you aren’t stuck without a place to make dinner for the night.
Everyone enjoys sitting around a campfire at night and sharing a meal and some hot treats. It can be difficult to find the means to make a campfire depending on where you end up setting up for the night. Some spaces may not provide the bounty of natural materials you need to build a fire and cook food on your own. Regulated campsites may not allow open campfires, causing you to be stuck in a rut come dinner time. That’s where a camping tripod comes in!
You need something durable and transportable that will give you an instant cooking space at any moment. Bring your firewood and cooking materials and you are set up for success no matter where you are.
Top 10 Camping Tripods
Before you embark on your next camping journey, you should think about whether or not a camping tripod would help you achieve a comfortable cooking space wherever you end up traveling to. Make a list of your top priorities and needs to achieve a comfortable camping trip; that way, you won’t be stuck in the wilderness without any way to hold your pots over the open flame.
Take a look at this review of the 10 best fire tripods that you’ll find on the market this year!
1. Alocs Portable Camping Tripod
The perfect portable campfire, this sleek and simple tripod is fully equipped to help you handle all of your cooking needs. Between the three legs is a chain that can hold your pans and pots directly over the open flame. It can hold up to 45 pounds of weight without toppling over, making this a durable addition to your camping equipment.
When not in use, the tripod can be folded down and taken apart to fit in a slim bag. This is easy to carry with you in your backpack or even strung along your back as a lightweight addition to your camping equipment.
Dimensions: 56.5 x 8.5 x 8.5 cm
Weight: 2.7 pounds
Materials: Anodized aluminium
- Anti-slip tripod legs will stay durable in the ground no matter what surface you put them on
- Hanging chain is adjustable and strong
- Tripod parts can be detached and put into included bag for easy transportation
- Tripod legs have a buckle design to retract or extend their size
- Not recommended with pots larger than 4 quarts
- Pot not included
2. Bruntmor Grill Swing Campfire Cooking Stand
If you are looking for a heavy-duty cooking space with plenty of surface area to work with, the Bruntmor model is built to last. Not only is it a swing-shaped stand with a large hanging grill for pots and bans, but it is also a multifunctional equipment set that comes with a myriad of hooks and chains so you can use all sorts of cooking equipment on your camping excursion.
The reinforced steel legs are durable and heat-resistant, able to withstand the elements while you prepare your next meal. Everything can be packed up and put in a carrying bag when it is time to move on.
Dimensions: 35.5 x 12 x 5.87 inches
Weight: 27.65 pounds
Materials: Solid steel
- All materials are made in the USA
- Easy to assemble with clear instructions included
- Four legs instead of three for ultimate balance and sturdiness
- Hooks allow for use of multiple cooking utensils at once
- Legs are short and so the tripod sits low to the ground
- The black protective paint may chip off over time
3. Xergur Camping Tripod
This portable and easy-to-use tripod is the ultimate cooking accessory for any long or short camping trips. Each of the three legs is adjustable, with additional leg lengths that can be attached to each side. Adjust the height of this tripod as you please and hang the hooks and chains down the middle to hold your cookware.
Every part can be deconstructed and put into a small and lightweight storage bag. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to make use of this tripod as it can be set up and taken down in just a few minutes.
Dimensions: 12.72 x 4.61 x 1.65 inches
Weight: 1.13 pounds
Material: Stainless steel
- Adjustable chain and legs with extra parts included
- Tripod legs are pointed to root easily in the ground, providing support
- Can load up to 11 pounds of food at a time
- No additional tools required
- Will bend and buckle under too much weight
- Flimsy during bad weather
4. Ripeng Camping Tripod Grill Board
This simple campfire tool appeals to the minimalist campers out there. If you want something small and to the point, you can use a simple tripod or cauldron-hanging kit like this to turn any part of nature into an instant cooking spot.
The three-hole plate can be attached to the hanging chain and wrapped around a tree or sturdy rock for support. Hang it directly above a campfire and hold it up with three branches to create a cooking spot in the wilderness. Cook several pounds of food at a time and make a meal on the go!
Dimensions: 2.76 x 2.83 inches (plate), 46.5 inches (chain)
Weight: 5.93 oz
- Very compact and portable for even the most rugged camping trips
- Easy to use with nature as branches or sticks can act as tripod legs
- Synthetic cowhide pouch included
- Hook chain included for additional cookware needs
- Very small, for lightweight use only
- No tripod legs included
5. ZHI Camping Tripod
You can enjoy an off-grid camping experience without leaving all modern comforts behind. The little things can make a huge difference when it comes to having a peaceful time in nature. This camping tripod is lightweight and slim, with a sturdy chain to support any additional cooking materials you want to bring. This is all you need to set up a convenient cooking spot in whatever place nature alls to you.
Plus, the additional hanging space at the top allows you to hang kettles, lanterns, ovens, utensils, and towels. This is essentially a portable kitchen that can make food preparation a breeze.
Dimensions: 29 x 24 x 1.5 inches
Weight: 1 pound
- Portable with compact carrying bag weighing less than one pound
- Tripod legs can be raised or lowered to match the perfect height
- Hard aluminium protects tripod from fire and rust
- Load up to 11 pounds of food at once
- Tripod can be flimsy and needs extra weights at the bottom
- No grill or pan included
6. RAUVOLFIA Camping Tripod
If you plan on having some heavy-duty cookouts during your camping excursion, you’re going to need equipment that can absolutely support your needs. Say goodbye to flimsy cookware that doesn’t support the weight of the food you really want to cook. This aluminium tripod is sure to get the job done.
You can support up to 11 pounds of fresh meat and vegetables in a pan suspended by the hanging chain. There is extra room up top to hang utensils and extra pots so you have one convenient space to put all of your kitchen needs.
Dimensions: 13.5 x 2.8 x 1.54 inches
Weight: 1.25 pounds
- Lightweight to carry but sturdy enough to hold your cooking needs
- Adjustable chain can hold pots and Dutch ovens over the flames
- Extra hanging space for lanterns and cooking utensils
- Poles can stick into the ground for more durability and support
- Extra supports needed for food that weighs over 11 pounds
- No storage bag included
7. Yoler Camping Tripod Grill for Cooking
A high-strength, four-legged fire tripod, this cooking rack can be a permanent fixture in your backyard or the perfect portable kitchen on your next camping trip. It comes with four sturdy hooks that can hang a variety of pots, pans, and ovens.
There is plenty of space to cook everything at once and the sturdy aluminium legs can hold it all up without toppling over. You can use the extra hanging space to store utensils, towels, and the rest of your kitchen cookware. This is an all-in-one kitchen for any outdoor space.
Dimensions: 24.5 x 19 x 29 inches
Weight: 1.1 pounds
Materials: Aluminium alloy
- Holds up to 18 pounds of food at a time
- Storage bag included for easy portability
- Warranty and guarantee included
- Shock-absorbing poles keep cooking area stable against uneven surfaces
- Stand is lengthy and could be hard to carry by hand
- No additional tools included
8. Cyberone Campfire Tripod
When it comes to camping equipment, it’s all about ease of use. After you build a campfire, you want a way to easily cook with it so you can provide yourself and your family with fresh food. This sturdy tripod with an adjustable chain can help you enjoy camping treats cooked over the open flame.
The three tripod feet come with adjustable heights and stable feet that keep them rooted in the ground. It can hang pots, lanterns, utensils, and more. When you are done, you can fold everything up and store it in your backpack when you head to your next destination.
Dimensions: 30 x 42 inches
Weight: 1.1 pounds
Materials: Aluminium alloy
- Tripod legs and chain both have an adjustable height
- Carrying bag included for easy transportation
- Holds up to 32 pounds of food
- Tripod legs are pointed to easily stick in uneven ground
- Cannot be used on smooth surfaces
- No additional cookware included
9. Bruntmor Cast Iron Camping Cooking Set
Both experienced and beginning campers can benefit from a kit that includes all of the basics. This cast iron cooking set comes with plenty of different cookware and items that you can use to cook easily over any campfire.
Find a variety of pots, pans, grills, and griddles to cook all of your freshly-caught food with. Place the stand over the flames and add your cookware on top so you can make a meal wherever you set up camp.
Dimensions: 23.19 x 14.49 x 10.79 inches
Weight: 40.9 pounds
Materials: Cast iron
- Multiple pots, pans, and cookware included in one kit
- Wooden carrying box for storage and easy transportation
- Lid lifter and stoker included to help keep food cooking properly
- Stainless steel surfaces are non-stick and easy to clean
- No tripod poles included
- No warranty available
10. Alocs Camping Tripod Cooking Pot
This stainless steel pot with an extra-long handle is the perfect portable accessory to satisfy all of your cooking needs. A simple but durable cauldron, it is perfect for attaching to a tripod or just simply hanging above a campfire. The hard outer coating protects it against the elements when used outdoors.
The aluminium and steel components of this pot make it a safe product to use with food items. It can easily be used with an open flame to create a soup or stew in just a few minutes. You can store several pounds of food in it at a time, making this a multifunctional tool that you should consider before leaving on your next camping trip.
Dimensions: 105L/355 oz
Weight: 2.7 pounds
Materials: Stainless steel, aluminium
- Simple and sturdy pot to serve a variety of cooking needs
- Long handle is safe to use over heat and can be hung on a tripod
- Non-slip and anti-scalding surface is safe to use even when hot
- Lid provides an airtight seal when food is inside
- Tripod not included
- No additional hooks or chains included
Find Campfire Cooking Perfection with These Camping Tripods
Whether you are looking for something that will help you cook over the open flame, or you just want a space to store all of your cookware when you set up camp for the night, you can’t go wrong with any of these top tripod models. The best camping tripods of 2021 are built for durability and sustainability, helping you set up a usable cooking space within minutes.
Next time you are thinking of packing up for an off-the-grid camping excursion, don’t forget to take one of these life-saving conveniences with you. Check out our blog for more camping info and equipment reviews!